<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Bugs & Bitches [HELPDESK; OR, BITCHING][UNF] 

Item I

I have what's either a bug in Mozilla or I'm using it wrong. Either way, I have a problem. The problem, then, is either something that shouldn't bother me, or it is.

The bug. In the /History/ function, with the function to sort by last visited (date), it doesn't work. The client'll just swap one and another server-names on the list.

The problem
. Maybe, though, this shouldn't bother me. Why it does, though, is that I like to re-visit some pages that I need not (or, given this, would rather not have to) bookmark, given their impermanence to my browsing (...ways). When I fix to do that, though, this problem means I have some considerable difficulty from time to time at recalling which of the many servers listed have the page I want to look at again. More precisely: not the servers, but the pages themselves.


And so on.

Item II.

Rather than bring myself to do something productive about it, here is a write-up -- on a trouble with blogging. I have figured I like (or would like) to write blogs (and so on) off-line, on a word-processor or HTML-composer, then to transfer to on-line.

But: After composing the writing, I view the HTML-source for what I've done. I select the section between the \< BODY> tags;- copy-paste to Blogger.com. And it comes out looking pug-ugly.

Lines are wrapped wrong (too short). There's way too many line breaks.

Now, I understand what's happening to make the latter problem appear. I've got Blogger.com set to auto-insert
s and

s -- as I like it, for when I type direct into it. Whereas, the HTML-composer (OpenOffice or Mozilla) inserts a line for each tag, etc.

Simple-simple coding. Stupid-stupid problem. And I'm stuck and depressed about it. A bit.

I enter it into my blog's BITCHING section. Maybe someone -- like: me! -- will notice it here and figure it out.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?