<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 02, 2004

Confessions? Complaints? Something follows anyway. 

The reader will forgive us (Must I really give up on the authorial we? Editorial checks always seem to indicate so.) for his egotism today. The reader can, after all, ignore this entry, no? If not, I'm afraid I may not have a better excuse for myself.

Here is what my mind would rather bury into its epithelial cells (right?) than let miraculously come out, splinterlike, to leave the organ oh so relieved. (Mind, brain, you make the switch, thanks.)

So.

* My car's battery keeps telling me it can't hold a charge. I shall have to listen to it. That means jump starting the car and getting on over to a merchant of batteries. That means beforehand I must locate somesuch merchant. A modicum of calm should be sufficient, let us hope I have it -- that I may effectively use the Yellowpages and the phone tomorrow.

* My computer could use a battery. Some motivation relating to that fact led me to order one by eBay. (In truth, I ordered three -- no less -- and cancelled two. So much for consumer credit ratings, as I'm given to understand.) Information tells me I ought to have the payment in by midnight last (half an hour past at time of writing). Confusion tells me I've got set for my payment a choice less than ideal among those batteries initially considered. (It is a new one. The same merchant offers a used--refurbished--version of the same. Prudence has not come to me in a clear voice on the matter. Decisive was some other voice which told me to go refurbished. What may have been considered includes that I may perhaps best not expect this computer to be with me for all that long; hence, according decisions to be made about computer parts. Also--what's quite extrinsic to the question but for that no less likely to be the case--I may have responded to the notion, I'm as yet not earning my present expenses with present income; Some things just cry out to be bought and leave me no peace ...; So I'll just get the cheaper one.) Prudence tells me I'll best buy what's slated to be bought, because otherwise I'm just wishywashy vacillating, and affecting my credit to boot. Secondguessing then adds some skepticism to the authenticity of that last character masquerading as Prudence. Still, it's what to do I will or narrowly-ought.

* I did return a video. (It's a wonder what a small thing can grow when wedged in the folds of your brain.)

* My car is presently uninsured. Has been since the 30th of June. Circumstances and failings of my conscience (my action) aside. Looks like one Nationwide has the price to beat. Standard procedure would have me transport my arse to there with some papers and payments, and come back insured. Complication threatens to arise owing to failings of car battery discussed above. “My better self” (like as in: “the Pope better-advised...” Haha.) would have me remember to keep things simple. Must take care of the battery prior to the driving. Then, I drive. Voile.

My worser half has another plea that I shan't ignore here. It says, But what about the half-truths relating to the insurance--? That all sort of thing. I'm not in fact listed as a driver under the policy I last had. Further--with respect to the question, Will I be accepted as having been continuously insured...?--won't Nationwide likely recognize that I'm not insured just now?----But what if I use the card I have, sent by the last insurer on the assumption I might renew----What if I use it with the new insurer to show continued insurance?----*Am* I still insured? Or would that be fraudulent? Or is confusion leading me ... astray ....

Anyway. Got to get reinsured. Complications appear to be quite largely in my head.

* If I can take care of that stuff, then maybe it will become possible to take some sort of a glance at other tensions and issues. Joblessness. Loneliness. Laundrylessness. Dishes to wash. Apartment to find a replacement for. Unsanity and ill-health. And (not least) a weak conscience. First things first, no? Okay.

Thanks for listening. Have a good one!

Postscript. A problem not resolved. The trespassing thing. The issue is--says the university--not ripe. May become so if I apply for employment for being a student. Okay. I guess this means: (1) One more reason to get over this fear I've got, 'cause it's not very tractable, of going on University property, and (what's only psychologically related) leaving my apartment at all. (2) Maybe it's a reason to apply for a job or for being a student. Anyhow.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?