Sunday, September 19, 2004
ATTENTION NERD INFIDELS
Call me Crazy, if you like.
So. I have the idea I would like to try out a client for reading blogs offline, called Sharpreader. I know of no other, and have not yet wished to seek such. Sharpreader's page tells me I need the .NET framework; please download the Windows Update for this. Okay; I follow the link to Microsoft. Microsoft tells me I need Internet Explorer to downlod the Windows Update. Okay, I guess (getting weary of the process). So I look there for that, and find that I couldn't find the Explorer for Windows 98. I chalk this up to incompetence in searching and in navigation.
Help? Or shall I best just live without this whole chain of programs? Or shall I anyway best just help myself? In any case, I expect no solution and hope for one just the same.
Hum.
Link
So. I have the idea I would like to try out a client for reading blogs offline, called Sharpreader. I know of no other, and have not yet wished to seek such. Sharpreader's page tells me I need the .NET framework; please download the Windows Update for this. Okay; I follow the link to Microsoft. Microsoft tells me I need Internet Explorer to downlod the Windows Update. Okay, I guess (getting weary of the process). So I look there for that, and find that I couldn't find the Explorer for Windows 98. I chalk this up to incompetence in searching and in navigation.
Help? Or shall I best just live without this whole chain of programs? Or shall I anyway best just help myself? In any case, I expect no solution and hope for one just the same.
Hum.
Comments:
I didn't even realize it was possible to uninstall IE in Windows.
I think you can install the .NET Framework without Windows Update. Try the download link on this page.
Post a Comment
I think you can install the .NET Framework without Windows Update. Try the download link on this page.
