<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

puter helpdesk 

So all my programs keep crashing. And Windows too. It's like the end of Fight Club: and it all started with just some escapism on Saturday nights.

The SOP here is what? Uninstall/reinstall those programs, I suppose. And live with the Windows bugs.

Still not sure what the hnswer is supposed to be--to be reasonable and prudent, that is--when asked by The System while uninstalling a program: do you wish to delete the following .DLL, seeing as it appears to have no use by other programs than this one, yet seeing on the other hand that it can only be harmless to keep it around: in case something else wants that library for itself? Notice (it continues) that I recommend--by default--that you do the senseless first option--and delete it.

I note this because I reckon I've perhaps been causing some program bugs like the crashes by choosing Yes too often.

All clear enough, I think.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?