<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Wired News: Inventor Rejoices as TVs Go Dark 

Wired News: Inventor Rejoices as TVs Go Dark

Inventor Mitch Altman's TV-B-Gone fails only in comparison with the not-yet-invented Life-B-Here.

(Thanks to Blogdex.)

A grand idea. It does not fail in response to the test of private-property, methinks, given how absurdly small the inconvenience it renders upon the recipient of its impact to turn the TV back on, and it performs major small benefits, even if only in a slight change of attention amongst the TV-addled.

Personal note: I wonder at my own situation. Have I had TVs and motion picture screens be gone for too long, now--or for too short a time? I find it tremendously difficult to watch TV--painful, even, in that it causes anxiety. Yet, do I also have trouble simply sustaining attention, even in watching a fine film: presumably in part the consequence of a TV-sustained personal development?

Link
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?