<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

A Compilation of Quotes from /The Shootist/ 

Starring John Wayne, Lauren Bacall, Ron Howard and Jimmie Stewart, a movie about preparing for death after having dealt in it for a lifetime....

"I won't be wronged; I won't be insulted; and I won't be laid a hand on."

"As my Mexican friend says, 'To the pure life!'"

"I'd pay $10 to hear that performance in a theatre..... Besides, I'd like to see if [B] would want to buy some of J. B. Books' hair.... with your permission, of course." ~The barber

"I damned wish to hell you'd ride with me tomorra!" ~To Bond

"You're such a real lady on the outside; you're full of vim and vinegar on the inside. I've never met anyone like you."

"I'm gonna read every word ... when I'm done I'll know everything that happened on January the 22nd of 1901. It's an important day of my life."

"Mr. Books: I AM the second-best haggler!" ~Calvin

"You have a beautiful day for it; it's what we call, 'false spring.'" ~Bond

"In a nutshell? You couldn't put it in a barrel without a bottom; you're the longest-winded bastard I've met."


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?