Monday, December 13, 2004
Hobbies
Hamsters. Bicycling. Jogging. Bass-playing. Tennis. Basketball. Harmonica-playing. Chess playing. Reading. Video game playing. Baking. Cooking. Sewing.
These are some of the ideas I have for what I might-should do to keep myself out of trouble. I have the means technical and technological (I mean: out-there and in-here) for doing many of them, already. For instance, I have feet and I know how to use them, for jogging. I also have the motivation for some of them, even. That is, I can potentially look to the benefits of a jog well done and inspire myself to bounce around the neighborhood accordingly.
For some others, one or more of the elements are lacking. I lack a bass, and the rudiments of knowledge for using one, and the ear for immediately enjoying its practice.
I will have to work on these things, starting with the things I already have the means and motive for.
Smoking is not a hobby, by the way, nor is drinking or watching television or listening to music. These are things I can (some of them) work on doing better, but they are environmental influences rather than things which I interact with.
These are some of the ideas I have for what I might-should do to keep myself out of trouble. I have the means technical and technological (I mean: out-there and in-here) for doing many of them, already. For instance, I have feet and I know how to use them, for jogging. I also have the motivation for some of them, even. That is, I can potentially look to the benefits of a jog well done and inspire myself to bounce around the neighborhood accordingly.
For some others, one or more of the elements are lacking. I lack a bass, and the rudiments of knowledge for using one, and the ear for immediately enjoying its practice.
I will have to work on these things, starting with the things I already have the means and motive for.
Smoking is not a hobby, by the way, nor is drinking or watching television or listening to music. These are things I can (some of them) work on doing better, but they are environmental influences rather than things which I interact with.
Comments:
Post a Comment