Thursday, December 16, 2004
I Love You, Alice B. Toklas!
...and so does Gertrude Stein.
I love you Alice B. Toklas,
And so does Harold Fine.
I love you Alice B. Toklas;
I'm gonna change your name to mine.
A film starring Peter Sellers, made in the 70s, captures some of the magic of the spirit of free love while holding out an equal note of terror at the casualties it can bring. The film, like another in a somehow similar vein, Harold and Maude, has a catchy and simple theme song and knows how to give a not-false, unfacile ending.
"Where you going?" says the stranger to the groom, Harold Fine, now twice keeping his bachelorhood.
"I don't know! I don't know! There's gotta be something beautiful out there!"
Link
I love you Alice B. Toklas,
And so does Harold Fine.
I love you Alice B. Toklas;
I'm gonna change your name to mine.
A film starring Peter Sellers, made in the 70s, captures some of the magic of the spirit of free love while holding out an equal note of terror at the casualties it can bring. The film, like another in a somehow similar vein, Harold and Maude, has a catchy and simple theme song and knows how to give a not-false, unfacile ending.
"Where you going?" says the stranger to the groom, Harold Fine, now twice keeping his bachelorhood.
"I don't know! I don't know! There's gotta be something beautiful out there!"
Comments:
Post a Comment